<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Yet MORE! 

It surprises me - I actually have paintings in five (5!) exhibitions concurrently.  The most recent, the big cahuna, is the exhibition at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art for Continuing Education Students.  They are still putting up the works, but I was there this afternoon, after I heard by phone that they had accepted my submission (one of the two I submitted - actually I consider it the lesser of my two submissions, but why complain?).  It is a really strong exhibition, most of the works are exceptionally well done, and I feel honored to be included in this show.

I'd like to show you the painting they accepted, but I didn't photograph it in its final manifestation.  I'll be there tomorrow for the class with Osborne, and again on Friday for the official opening of the exhibition.  I'll photograph it then to post here on the blog.  So stay tuned.

Meanwhile, I am working on the next painting in Osborne's class.  It is another (ho hum) standing nude figure study.  I want to work hard to make it look like something a little more interesting than that.  I have some ideas, but will have to see how they work out.  Meanwhile, here is it's rather unexciting status at the moment:

                          

You'll note that ghost of a raised left arm.  Originally the model was holding a pole there, but it just looked horrid.  Militaristic, like trying to emulate Joan d'Arc, or maybe playing shepherdess or something.  Much more interesting with her hand lowered, but it was surprising how much that changed her whole stature.  Her weight shifted, her back straightened, and her shoulders twisted.  It has been a struggle to incorporate all that - none of which has been accomplished yet in what you see here.  But.... give me a little more time, and....

Oh - this image is in black and white because I photographed it and then converted it to b&w to photocopy.  That was so I could then play with various permutations before the next class.

Onward !!!!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?