<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Followups 

I'm in yet another exhibition - the sixth concurrent (!).  This one is the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging, with a juried show:  Celebrate Age and Aging.  It will show my Black Boots, the first large (30 x40") portrait that I did, about a year ago.  It will be at Rembrandt's Restaurant (corner of 23rd St and Aspen St) from April 23 to May 28.

And since I didn't have a picture of it for my last post, here is the painting from Elizabeth Osborne's class that was accepted for display by the Philadelphia Academy of Fine Art.  It incorporates Osborne's big blocks of bright color, and a style that rides the line between abstract and realistic.


Meanwhile, I am continuing to work on the standing nude from the last post that is our current class model.  With the whole raft of tweaks I've incorporated, it is coming along rather nicely (below).  I like that ominous black panel on the left.  Still, I want to make this something more of this than just "Standing Nude," and have in mind scribbling in some of Robert Henri's thoughts on what a background should be, in sort of a Cy Twombly style.  Then this thing becomes not only image, but literature.  Another feature of this scratching should be a de-emphasis on that diagonal white-to-blue line, which seems too strong at the moment.  It should also make her "at attention" stance seem somewhat more explicable.  Whether all this works remains to be seen.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?