<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 29, 2010

Exhibitions, Exhibitions 

Last year the goal was to exhibit my work to see how it looks on the wall with other artists.  I did get into several exhibitions and was a good experience.  I liked the way my work looked alongside all the others.  

This year there seem to be a wealth of exhibits to enter, and I've been making the most of them.  My Bookshelf and Back to You were in the Plastic Club Small Worlds Exhibition in February:















My Bookshelf was also accepted for display at the Off The Wall Gallery from April to mid-May.


Then Pitcher Posies, the flower painting I did in Vieques, was accepted for the Sketch Club Art of the Flower exhibition in March:

The upcoming Sketch Club Small Oil Paintings will be a large exhibition, and I've submitted a very different work (for me) done entirely with the pallet knife, Chimera, and a recent painting I did at the La Colombe coffeehouse that I called Study in La Colombe (I think I need better titles for my stuff):




















And there's MORE!  The Plastic Club is having a Black and White Exhibition.  This will be huge, because it will also include photography, charcoal and ink sketches, the whole gamut.  I'd painted my Night Bus in B&W some time ago so submitted that and also, for fun, an ink and charcoal sketch of the moon face I'd first painted on a paper plate, calling it Have A Nice Day Dammit!:




















And then, the Cosmopolitan Club was looking for paintings of Philadelphia Scenes.  So they will show my Wissahickon Creek and Rittenhouse Square through April and May:





















Finally, the Student Art Show at the Pennsylvania Accademy of Fine Art is coming up soon, and I hope to enter one or two of the paintings I've been doing while studying with Elizabeth Osborne.  That's an exhibition where I would feel privileged just to have a painting accepted for show!

So, consider it First Goal Achieved.  I have sold a few paintings along the line, but none of this work above has sold - and not even the painting I donated to the church for their auction: 



Guess that is another one of those goals that will stay in my list of future goals.  Something to keep working for and learning about.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?